PRAGUE, Czech Republic, May-10-2018 — /EuropaWire/ — 2018-2019 may be called the era of cryptocurrency regulation. After we’ve followed ICO success stories in 2016-2017, in the next 1.5-2 years we will observe various countries bringing cryptocurrencies and related processes, such as ICOs and smart contracts, out into the legislative framework.
Worldcore international company has comprised a rating of countries according to the stringency of their cryptocurrency regulations. It starts with the countries where cryptocurrencies are entirely banned, followed by those states where cryptocurrency circulation is not merely significantly restricted, but also criminalized in the framework of the national financial legislation.
Thus, there are currently four countries in the world where residents may end up in prison for several years for any cryptocurrency transactions.
- Algeria, a recent addition to the list.
Besides the countries with criminalized cryptocurrency trade and ownership, there are numerous countries where a national ban has been imposed on specific types of cryptocurrency transactions. The degree of regulation in this sphere varies notably — from a ban on using cryptocurrency as legal tender (common in countries that have not legalized free cryptocurrency circulation) and to a complete ban on exchanges and ICOs in China (which enterprising Chinese enthusiasts forego by launching hard forks of popular currencies as ICOs and trading on foreign exchanges). Here’s a list of these states:
- China (ban on ICO, buying and selling cryptocurrency, advertising)
- India (since April 2018, the Central Bank of India has forbidden buying or selling cryptocurrency; cryptocurrency also isn’t recognized as legal tender)
- Russia (when cryptocurrency market regulation legislative proposal comes into effect, it will limit the legal annual transaction volume to 50,000 rubles for unqualified investors; allow purchase and sale exclusively on registered national platforms, provide for full participant de-anonymization; mining will be considered an entrepreneurial activity with mandatory sale of the mined assets on national exchanges; cryptocurrency/crypto-token will be recognized as a digital asset, but not legal tender). Cryptocurrency advertising is forbidden on certain platforms (i.e. Yandex).
- Vietnam (stringent national anti-money laundering regulations; gradual legalization is planned starting in August 2018)
- Indonesia (a ban on purchase and sale of cryptocurrency)
- Thailand (in February 2018, the Central Bank of Thailand has forbidden five key transactions with cryptocurrencies to financial institutions: investment, trading, establishment of cryptocurrency platforms, using credit and debit cards to purchase currency and consulting people on cryptocurrency investments).
- Kyrgyzstan (cryptocurrency is not recognized as legal tender, liberalization of regulations is currently under consideration)
- Iceland (under the umbrella prohibitive currency regulation)
“In the countries that have restricted cryptocurrency circulation and mining, it primarily involves cryptocurrency as a digital asset coming under the restrictions of investment or money laundering regulations. Perhaps, these states will address the issue of cryptocurrency regulation later, when the more developed countries establish adequate legislation and provide positive examples of regulation and taxation. Another aspect of the ban, i.e. in China or Ecuador, is the clearing out of the competition prior to launching a national cryptocurrency. Many countries today are implementing a partial, rather than a full ban on cryptocurrency. In case of cryptocurrencies, governments understand that it is impossible to ban them entirely. With regard to the globalization of economy and distributed registry technologies, which form the foundation for cryptocurrencies, a complete ban will lead not only to the migration of financial assets and mining farms out of the country, but also to the departure of startups outside the country’s jurisdiction, startups that could have become taxpayers in the presence of supportive regulations,” believes Alexey Nasonov, the founder and CEO of Worldcore.
VIENNA, Austria, Apr-11-2018 — /EuropaWire/ — In early April, CONDA entered the next phase of its ICO. Together with experts from project partner RIAT (The Institute for Future Cryptoeconomics), the team is now in the midst of developing the CRWD Network (pronounced Crowd Network), which requires its own cryptocurrency, the CRWD Token. By joining the whitelisting phase, all interested parties now have the opportunity to register before the official start of the Crowd-Sale on June 6, 2018, avoiding longer wait times and ensuring that they will not miss the ICO.
Crowdfinancing within a decentralized network protocol
The CRWD Network is a decentralized network protocol on the blockchain, providing regulatory-compliant investment in SMEs, startups and real estate projects. Any platform on the network can take advantage of the benefits of the CRWD network. As a result, CONDA is setting new standards across Europe: companies use the network protocol, supported by various crowdfunding platforms, to issue tokenized private equity instruments (e.g. company shares, subordinated loans, etc.). This solves a widespread problem of the current crypto scene: the need for financial products to operate within a legally-compliant framework.
CRWD Network Advantages
- For SMEs, startups, and real estate projects:
- Standardized solutions for the creation and management of “tokenized” private equity instruments (both proprietary and mezzanine instruments)
- Easy and fast payouts with the touch of a button
- 100% legally-compliant: the network complies with the prevailing legal regulations in each country
- For crowdfinancing platforms:
- Standardized and legally-compliant infrastructure
- The ability to share resources, contracts, communities, etc. and to reach a larger crowd
- Increased automation via smart contracts
- For investors:
- Investments are easier to transfer and trade
- Transparency & traceability
- Secure transactions
- Easy & fast access to investment opportunities in a large network
5 years ago, CONDA started as a crowdinvesting platform, transformed into a crowdfinancing platform and is now ready for its next phase: the CRWD Network. A decentralized, regulatory-compliant crowdfinancing infrastructure protocol forms the basis of all transactions within the network. The CRWD Token is required for all CONDA business services and fees. Investments may continue to be made in the national currency (e.g. EUR).
All information regarding the ICO can be found at https://ico.conda.online
Essex, UK, 13-Dec-2017 — /EuropaWire/ — Fast Invest is excited to announce the launch of its native cryptocurrency token (FIT) during their upcoming ICO launched on December 4th. The FinTech company has been operating since 2015 in the investment loan space, connecting funders with loan-seekers in a peer-to-peer exchange. With more than 8,500 daily users from 36 countries, Fast Invest is expanding into the largely unoccupied cryptocurrency lending sector.
Blockchain-based cryptocurrencies have been rapidly in 2017, racking up a seventeen times (at the time of this press release) increase in market capitalization since the beginning of 2017. As these financial technologies mature new opportunities arise, especially for unbanked and underbanked populations. This is because digital currencies allow for the exchange of value without the need for central banks or other intermediaries. Fast Invest aims to leverage these developments to democratize investment by allowing people to invest as little as one dollar on their loan platform. This enables users to band together to crowdfund a loan that gets paid back with interest, which can then generate returns for the loan suppliers.
In what may be a first for the industry, Fast Invest will allow users to use their bitcoin or ethereum as collateral for loans in traditional currencies. Due to the nature of smart contracts, loans like this can be executed with very little human input and all parties can be sure that the terms of the loan will be carried out. This is because smart contracts utilize code and mathematics to enforce agreements without the need for human intervention.
By expanding to cryptocurrency-based investment instruments the company aims to reduce friction in the world of P2P investment and loan services. These offerings include a cryptocurrency exchange, digital wallet for holding tokens, cryptocurrency investment services, decentralized lending, and a payment card that can be funded by cryptocurrencies but used like a credit card.
DUBAI, UAE, Aug-28-2017 — /EuropaWire/ — Bit Coin Global FZE is thrilled to announce the initial coin offering (ICO) of its Money Trade Coin as it enters cryptocurrency markets worldwide. Based in the UAE, the organization brings its history of expertise in this space to a global audience in need of a reliable, secure and stable cryptocurrency to utilize as an everyday business solution.
The Money Trade Coin, which can run on fiat currencies as opposed to just bitcoin, represents the future of making payments. Bit Coin Global FZE has already partnered with groups like online malls and ticket booking services across Europe to bring its award-winning technology to consumers.
Blending traditional finances with digital ones, Money Trade Coin incorporates the latest blockchain innovations to provide an ultra-secure wallet through multilevel verifications with the world’s first fully cash-backed cryptocurrency, already with a standby letter of credit from top banking institutions. Moving forward, Money Trade Coin will be expanded into the areas of wealth management, debit cards, loans and even higher education, ultimately revolutionizing the way money is managed and payments are made.
The soft launch of the Money Trade Coin was attended by a veritable who’s who of well-known figures ranging from elite traders and prominent members of the global business community to Bollywood stars. This fanfare signifies that cryptocurrency is truly entering the mainstream, ushering in a new era of technological and online investment options.
Visit us to learn about our exciting new cryptocurrency www.moneytradecoin.com